Thursday, October 22, 2009

My Trip To Traveler's Health Care Utopia

Everything was fine: I had my passport, found a cheap flight, and have my two weeks off work. I was ready for the holidays end. At one end of a friend of mine, I decided on a package Meditopia, an island often called the Pearl of the South Pacific. The brochure sent to me from the Adventure Travel Meditopia appear white sand beaches, waterfalls, lush forests, the locals charming and strange, a photo of his brand new hospital. "Our health system is free for all," the caption under the photo to read. A submarine diving enthusiasts and lovers of nature, this nation seems to provide everything dark. I've linked to Meditopia flight number 13 aircraft from Bangkok, and then sixteen-hour journey, I came to Healthiopolis airport. Customs is a fairly standard procedure, although it is strange when officials seemed disappointed that he had no pre-existing medical conditions. As we have seen, I reached the middle of the monsoon season. While ensuring a fast and efficient taxi to the hotel, I was soaked and shivering by the time they arrived at the reception. I would not let a little rain dampen my spirit, I celebrated the first night of my vacation with meatballs pork couple knows it is a local delicacy. Before long dreamed of swimming, hiking, diving and doing. The next morning I awoke with a severe headache, shock, a severe sore throat, sweating, and a case of diarrhea of the likes of which never before. "It was terrible, and I was not sure if it was the rain that was wet or the gnocchi that had eaten the night before. Someone knocked at my door. "Meditopia Adventure! I am your guide, good morning!" bubbly voice. "Sorry, I'm very sick," I muttered, opening the door. "Lord, you're right!" A burly, friendly local search, he said. "Yes, maybe I should sleep outside," I tried to close the door, but the guide did not let me. "We have to take him to the hospital again, sir," "No, no, do not have insurance," he said, "at least none that is accepted here." "Sir, you must understand that here in Meditopia, we are proud of our free health services. Even Yankee travelers as you can get access to our state of the facilities." I do not think so, but soon found myself in an ambulance on the way to hospital. Wrapped in blankets, into the hospital, I tried to fish my HMO card, but the nurse very kind gesture. I waited over ten minutes before the doctors told me in an examination room. In my delirium, I shook my insurance card, knowing that my plan does not cover foreign hospital. Doctors have diagnosed my acute food poisoning and was made with a sumptuous hospital room and a free prescription of antibiotics. God, I have tried to give personal money each time you visit, but refused. I spent my holidays with all the recovery in the hospital room was incredible. There was not any paperwork to fill me. Meditopia This land was the perfect place to get sick. A feeling of fresh, rested, and fortunately, in the best physical condition, I boarded the plane with the hope of getting back here at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment