Sunday, April 11, 2010

On Location February 08 - South Africa and Mozambique

My last trip took me on a trip to South Africa and Mozambique, north of Vilanculos and the archipelago where Bazurato Cyclone Favio has wreaked havoc in April. I started in South Africa for a three hour drive from Johannesburg in the Northern Province, where my first stop was Makweti Welgevonden Game Reserve, 34,200 acres of privately owned game reserve in the heart of the Waterberg district of Limpopo South Africa Makweti , set aboard a small waterfall that flows with a view to the reserve is simply beautiful. If the rhinos are your passion, this is a wonderful park to see, literally five minutes from the lodge saw six rhinos grazing peacefully (lost my enthusiasm for my guide was more interested in gnu!) As brown hyena, often so difficult to achieve, which surprisingly has allowed us to sneak behind him for ten minutes before disappearing over the hill. The next day I moved to another place in the Waterberg region and ants Hill, a beautiful structure where the focus is on horseback in the bush. Ant Hill is an eclectic mix of colors, textures and tastefully furnished in support of a splendid view. I immediately fell in love with the quiet and relaxed type of management and smiling faces great staff. My first activity was a walk in the night he asked me for a horse enough "exciting and was handsomely rewarded. We had a pleasant walk in the woods with a fantastic view of the plain with a variety of game. The highlight for me was when a picnic table with drinks and snacks prepared suddenly appeared in the corner, when the sun was going down slowly. We were told to take the detour and leave the horses on the grass - then I was expecting some dating to appear by magic and whip the horses. However, just released the horses galloped into the sunset and towards home. If only we could do with our horses in England! next morning to take advantage of the ants Hill was another safari on horseback. After several hours of tracing we found two rhinos with a rhinoceros and her baby three days. That feeling of adrenaline - there can be some exciting wildlife experiences like watching a rhinoceros, and its neighbor , while riding as a child, still feeling vulnerable excited. I too stay at Hill sister Ants, Ants Nest, a small shelter hidden in the woods that can be hired. Again, it was a wonderful combination of antiques, beautiful furniture , colorful fabrics and creative architecture. The focus here is also horseback riding, safaris and tours. I recommend you get a massage during your stay too! From Ants Nest, I headed back to Johannesburg where he flew a combination of flights scheduled and private charter Makalali Conservancy. In this book there are only two houses and I were in Garonga - aptly named "safari for the soul." The lodge is a blend of raw fabrics, wood, clay with light neutral colors of the fabrics . The game is very good despite the fact that is not sold on this basis. We saw cheetahs, lions, several plains and a variety of nocturnal animals. regular sightings in the area also elephants and kudu (Bush had during my shower four eyes on me by two bulls Kudus - a bit "embarrassing). Massage, relax by the pool, dining and reading are a must for all Garonga. I was about to venture out on deck to sleep, but a huge downpour put paid to that idea. I loved Garonga is perfectly executed, it is very relaxing and the game is excellent - an unknown jewel in South Africa. Vilanculos Next stop, the capital of southern Mozambique, where I was greeted by a blast of humidity and rain (which was visiting during the rainy season - although we have some great trips to the plains, we can not always go for the best time of 'year). After enduring the bureaucracy of the visa desk, I went to town to get the boat at Marlin Lodge in Benguerra Island. Cyclone Favio has left its mark here. The streets lay scattered trees and shanties have been destroyed the homes of all the regular places. However, I do not think that is how easy are local Mozambicans. Nothing was too much trouble. There are four main galleries that I visited during my stay in Mozambique - each in his different style. All have white sand beaches and turquoise sea of glory. Marlin is the cheapest and largest Lodge (during my visit were still in the midst of completing work

No comments:

Post a Comment