Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Man Who Makes Little Fish from Sticks

Wearing only a green thong, an Indian with bare feet approached me. Lean and muscular, his straight black hair down past his ears in a child "page" style typical court cholos or people with straight hair. His flat, wide feet were covered with sand. A two and a half foot machete hanging on the back by a strap intertwined lives. From a small bag hanging from their umbilical cords under his arm. We looked at each other. Looking to the dispersal of wood chips around my feet, the Embera, finally broke the silence. "What are you doing?" churches in their mother tongue. "I'm doing a fishing spot." She tilted her head curiously watched the small fish near empty form of wood in my hands. I kept carving. Wood chips fell more around their feet. He did not move. Pacific Ocean Surf screamed and hit him like a lullaby, not exceeding 100 meters along the paved road with sand. By late afternoon the sky had painted burnt orange and violet. A slight breeze carries the smell of the salt easier for us and was overwhelmingly refreshing moisture. "It's like one of those," he said in Spanish, raising another minnow imitation over water consumption. The type of Rapala fishing lure was completed yesterday. Heavy rains and cloudy seas had sunk all fishing plans were in the early morning. In the afternoon light, I chose to work in a couple of lures to go to the sauna-like conditions of the Pacific coast of Colombia. The Chocó region is one of the wettest regions in the world, according to Guinness World Records. More than 43 feet and a half of rain fall each year - enough to flood a building above the fourth floor. He received a call from my hands and walked away, holding it to show a much older man in India is approaching. After some conversation 'between them, facing inward and over in his hands, reminiscent of the tail and body medium-high stainless steel hooks. The first man, the illusion of a rippling pool imitating a dance, moving fish. Smiling, he handed it back to me. "I've never seen anything like this," continued the man with sunburned skin. "You have more?" I nodded a response. "Is it sold?" "You are not. I'll be with me this morning." "The fish really well, especially this one." He pointed to a red five-inch minnow imitation white body tie: his high hooks shone in the afternoon sun. "I hope so." He has shown a few days later, just as I struggled to Dorado to 14 pounds of my boat overboard. My hands cut and bleeding, took two of us to leverage Scrapper blue and gold stained and local building 25-foot wooden launch. I want a sport without shame, white-toothed smile all at home that morning. Showing some of my other drew more, we talked a little "more. They went to ask my ability to" do the little fish sticks. So from that day, I was known to the indigenous Embera Choco region Jurubida as "The man who makes little fish fingers. Kinda catchy, huh? I still can not speak properly in the language of the Embera, but let me tell you, is a mouthful. Prof. Larry M. Lynch is a bi-lingual copywriter, expert author and photographer specializing in business, travel, food and education-related writing in South America. Her work has appeared in Transitions Abroad, South American Explorer, Escape from America, Mexico News and Brazil magazines. Lives in Cali, Colombia, the fish of the Pacific coast of South America, the Amazon and Orinoco river basins for salt water and the hunting of exotic freshwater fish and foods. For non-obligation information on how to get original, exclusive stories of exotic fish, fishing techniques articles, fishing for action photography and one-of-a kind of content your newsletter relating to fisheries, blog or contact the Web site of him today: lynchlarrym@gmail.com for a free picture, full of action, the adventure of fishing in South America article.

No comments:

Post a Comment