Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Close Encounter with Wild Dolphins

My first glimpse of Tangalooma's famous wild dolphins was from the ship that transported us to Moreton Island 75 minutes from Brisbane, Australia. She arched her black silk body of water to welcome us as it docked at the island's main pier. I was at the pier at night after a neighbor and a personal encounter with these friendly marine mammals, a group of eight, lighted running water waiting for the party to begin. Along with the other guests of the Tangalooma Wild Dolphin Resort, the only island I went to the beach, grabbed a fish from a bucket in each hand and went into the water. Immediately a dolphin swam towards me. Large eyes and looked sweet in mine, demanding to be fed. I bent down and held the fish in the water and the dolphin gratefully accepted my offer in my mouth smiling. And then talked a bit, I like to think that saying thank you, before swimming out and repeating the ritual with the next guest, who came to it.the feed wild dolphins that visited this little outcrop each day of the session with a snack and greet us, their distant cousins who lived on the land, was only a small part of the emotions that Tangalooma was to offer its guests. For two days in this island paradise, I want to dive with schools of colorful fish, wreck diving, Ride All Terrain Vehicle (ATV) between the sand banks and even go to sled down the dunes of the desert. In fact, I still remember when lying face down on a table atop a sand dune and watched the treacherous step ahead of me. The moment of panic, however, had passed. I had already committed to the tobogganing run and focused my attention to do well. I grabbed the front of the table and lifts out of the sand and your elbows and your feet in the air so I did not get scraped as running down the dune. 'Let it rip? Alcester, guide our questioning and Tangalooma Wild Dolphin Resort tour manager. 'Let it rip! I replied. A moment later he was destroying the face of the dune. I do not know what I've achieved the speed, but seemed over 100 kmp and with the ground buzzing in me, no more than a foot from my face, it was scary and exciting. When he finally came to a complete stop at the bottom of the dune I stayed still on the table, savoring the thrill of the race. Shortly after the dune was painfully for a run for his strangest yet. E 'was the highlight of the summit of the island safari which started with a drive through dense native forests that emerged from a desolate desert in the heart of the Resort outcrop.Back check-in units Dive Resort and equipped up - tanks, wetsuit, the works - for diving adventure. A small ferry we dive at the end of the island where the rusted superstructure of sunken ships scared the sky above the water. Soon he was swimming with the divers around battered hulls of ships companions rest on the seabed and admiring marine ecosystems, new colorful tropical fish and coral that had developed around these ghost galleons. I felt my pulse begin to accelerate when Leah, our leader and my diving partner, led us in the heart of one of these wrecks. Sensing my fear, took my hand while swimming through an underwater passage. I left the test with a feeling of euphoria that comes from having to face my worst fears and survived. The rest of the dive was a visual delight. Soft corals swaying to the rhythm of the currents, while the brightly colored fish in amazing shapes and sizes we waltz around in this bizarre underwater wonderland where life flourished in the midst of ancient wrecks. That night slowed the pace of the adventure and lazing around the shallowness of the many pools that dot the property. I stayed in the water and congratulated me for the monitoring of the initiative that I found on Traveljini.com. I was browsing the site for something in India - is Traveljini.com travel portal in the country - when I realized it was offering a close encounter with wild dolphins package in Australia. Before I knew it was connected, curiosity turned to desire and desire to compulsion. I had to get to Tangalooma. Now I'm here, everything was promised to be more Traveljini.com. Later that night was lit up down the dock to interact with the Tangalooma dolphins again. The guard assigned to the Research Center Dolphins has assured us that the ceremony of the energy represented only 20% of the diet of the dolphins' and that

No comments:

Post a Comment